
My grandpa was a man of few words but, he was one who taught sermons with his actions. I never heard of him wanting much or asking for anything but, he gave and gave of himself his whole life. He taught his sons, grandsons and son and grandson in laws how to be real men. He taught what was important in life. He showed us a perfect example of how a husband should love and cherish his wife and marriage. I always found comfort in my grandparents love for one another. He taught the importance of family. For him family was always the most important. He hardly spoke many words of "I love you", but, he didn't need to because we all knew it. He taught of humility and gentleness. He taught of hardwork and honesty. He taught of faith. He knew the gospel was true and he was firm in it.
The comfort I think I felt in his passing was that he and my grandma did not have to be apart long. We all teased that she was on the other side saying"Father, please hurry up". They never spent a holiday or anniversary apart and this past December, I believe they would have celebrated their 65 wedding anniversary.
It is still difficult except he is gone from this life but, I know I will see my grandpa and my grandma again. When I see them again I will tell them that David and I tried to follow their example in loving each other and our family above all other things.
I never realized how precious these pictures would be. They were taken the last time I got to see my grandpa. He passed away November 4, 2009.
1 comment:
I'm very sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you had such an amazing example in your life.
Post a Comment