About Me

My photo
Dave and I were married in August of 2005, not long after our first anniversary in October, Mitch came along, then about two years after that in July 08, Monte joined us. Number three, Annabel, came on to the scene March 2011.They all fill us with joy. Life has been a wonderful adventure.

M&M&A

M&M&A

Thursday, April 9, 2009

The set-up










I am justifying staying up late to add another post because consider this like a journal so I am just working on my family history. With that I wanted to start on a series of posts about our past. I will start with a few wedding pictures.




David and I first met as a set-up. Yes, we were a blind date success story. I have a friend (J. I wonder if you remember saying this) that told me 73% or so, set-ups result in marriage. She told me this just before I accepted the set-up. Well, obviously I was wise to go on the blind date because it was divinely set-up. We dated for about a year (just under if you are counting from when we became exclusive) and we were married at the Fresno Temple. Oh what a wonderful day that was. When ever I feel like a chicken widow (translation, Dave sometimes has to work long hours) or I am hormonal, I look at a candid picture taken on our wedding day that hangs in our bathroom and I think " I love that guy, we are lucky,Heavenly Father sure did bless us".




There is much more to our story but, I will leave that to another post. You must agree (If you don't, you just need to see them in person) we made some handsome boys.

4 comments:

Sarah Welsh said...

SOOO Sweet, I'm so glad you posted this. You were, of course, a beautiful bride! And, yes, you do make adorable boys! Keep up the posting.

Audrey said...

Hey Hillari! Long time no see! Cute blog...looks like your family is doing great. I can't believe how big "baby Mitchell" is! Your family has grown so much,literally!

I am impressed with the five mile mud run. Holy smokes, girl! In Monterey of all places. You rock!

j. said...

Those are great pictures.

Meantime, I think the statistic said that the vast majority of marriages are couples who meet through friends or who are fixed up -- not that the vast majority of fix ups succeed.

Either way, your particular fix up was definitely divinely inspired. You two are fabulous together.

Joyce said...

oh Hillari, I'm glad you have a blog!