
For those who don't know twice a year in April and October our Church holds a conference that is broadcast all around the world. Luckily BJ, Dave's brother with his computer smarts wired it so that we could watch the conference on our TV(most people with cable can do this but, cable is still not in the budget). The conference consists of the leaders of the Church giving talks and the Mormon tabernacle choir singing for four two hour sessions in two days(actually the guys have an extra two hours totalling ten hours for them).
I love conference. It is the spiritual feast I need. The problem is that the feasting is not as easy with two active little boys who don't see the joy in sitting and listening to the pearls of wisdom the leaders have to share.
This last conference Dave and I had a little moment of parental joy. As the Tabernacle choir began to sing Mitch recognized that it was a song he knew. He sat down and started to sweetly sing along, "What does the Father ask of us, what do the scriptures say? Have faith have hope, live like His Son, help others on their way." As I listened to his little angelic voice sing these words I looked at David and teared up a little. Then at the moment the last words were sung, he jumped out of his seat grabbed a toy baseball bat near him and shouted, "Monte, lets hit Uncle BJ!" and Monte happily agreed. The moment was gone and I was reminded that he was not an angel but a true boy but,a sweet boy though.
No comments:
Post a Comment