

The much anticipated day finally arrived. Mitch turned 4! He had been saying he was almost four for a long time. As other family members had their birthdays he would ask each time, "When is my birthday? Am I going to be four yet?" I think to him, four is a big step. In his mind it is moving up to the bigger kid category. I hope and I think he had a great birthday. He did have to sit around a little in the morning while I finished preparations for the party but, he enjoyed decoration cupcakes. He explained to me very clearly what he wanted his birthday to be like. He wanted to play at the park with his friends (including cousins), eat dinner, play T-ball with Daddy, play soccer, hit the pinata, then go back to our house for cupcakes and ice cream. He then wanted everyone to go swimming like we did at Monte's party. Well, I explained to him the difference in weather in July and October but, thanks to continued warm in the valley he did get to swim (it was too cold for most). Another cute thing Mitch did was he insisted to me that he was not four yet when people would mention it. When I asked him why he was not four even though it was his birthday he said it was because everyone had not sung the song and he had not blown out the candle. Once he blew out his candle he could then declare he was four. Oh, and a few mentioned that it was too bad that we requested no gifts at the party and some feared that he would be very sad. He was a little sad at first when we explained that we were not opening gifts at the party but, as you can see and I promise he was still as happy as can be with each gift he received. He still got more then he needed but, the funny thing is that at first he was most excited about his new power tooth brush. What a good kid. We feel so lucky.





1 comment:
So cute! It's a real treat to glimpse into his world as he grows up.
Post a Comment