About Me

My photo
Dave and I were married in August of 2005, not long after our first anniversary in October, Mitch came along, then about two years after that in July 08, Monte joined us. Number three, Annabel, came on to the scene March 2011.They all fill us with joy. Life has been a wonderful adventure.

M&M&A

M&M&A

Monday, July 2, 2012

The last great week of June 2012

This week had some great moments that I really wanted to document. To start out the week we joined David on a trip to the coast for a poultry meeting. We try to join him every year for this meeting because we get to be at the beach, we have extra time as a family and we get to see Nana. It has been a more stressful trip the more kiddos we have but, this year we brought extra help. So, thanks to Emma (one of our usual babysitters and our very good friend) the trip was not as difficult and was lots of fun once again.




At the poultry meeting Dave gets to play golf. It is something he enjoys but rarely gets to do. He suggested that he take Monte with him golfing (he had taken Mitch in December). I protested it at first because I was going to miss playing at the hotel with Monte but mostly because I was afraid that Monte was not ready to spend a full day golfing and behave well out there. I was very glad I was wrong and he went. Dave said it was so much fun and Monte thanked him about 50 times for taking him. I was going to say he behaved really well but that is only true in part. I guess unknown to Dave
, until the other golfers told him, by the end of the afternoon Monte had gotten pretty comfortable with everyone. He was so comfortable in fact that he snuck up behind one easy going golfer (that was with them) and poked him in the bum with a golf tee to tease him. We all laughed so hard our sides hurt when this very nice man told us the story.  


 We have been wanting to do date nights with the kids at least once a month each. On Thursday night after we got home it was Mitch's turn to get some extra time. The local dinner theatre was playing Sound of Music and our talented neighbor boy was in it. We were very blessed that Grandma Mimi offered up her season passes to us and Dave and I took Mitch to his first musical. It was a great show but it was priceless to see how excited Mitch got. He loved it. He was entranced. Dave and I beamed to see how happy Mitch was to get extra time and a special evening with Mom and Dad. It will be a night I am sure Mitch and I know I will never forget. Thank you Mimi.


I can't say anything extra special happened with Annabel this week other then that she was her usual cute self. She charmed everyone that saw her and she didn't even know it. She loved the hot tub at the hotel. We had to stop her from going in all the way she loved it so much. She shivered in the heated pool so after 5 minutes in the pool she would make her way back to the hot tub. I included this picture because at a dinner we were at she grabed the chicken right off my plate and started chewing away. Dave had to get a picture. We called it our "I love chicken" picture.

No comments: