About Me

My photo
Dave and I were married in August of 2005, not long after our first anniversary in October, Mitch came along, then about two years after that in July 08, Monte joined us. Number three, Annabel, came on to the scene March 2011.They all fill us with joy. Life has been a wonderful adventure.

M&M&A

M&M&A

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter, a time to gain forgiveness

So, I wanted to have a section that I could just put a few thoughts. Of course Easter made me think of all sorts of things that I was grateful for. Dave and I really tried to teach Mitch the reason we celebrate Easter during our Family nights. I think a little of it stuck. I know at different times David and I each felt the spirit confirm what we were teaching.
This also relates to special experience I had this week. It was small but special. Mitch is two and although he is a really good boy, he is still occasionally a two year old discovering his freedom. Well, I have found myself to be less patient then I want and need to be. I have raised my voice and definitely gritted my teeth lately. I could tell Mitch was bothered by my anger. I felt so bad. I prayed and prayed one night that I could be more patient and not get angry. I prayed I could be more like a sister in our ward at church who was the picture of serenity. Well, part of the answer to my prayer came when that same sister spoke in church on Sunday and spoke of how she would get angry with her children when she was a young mother and her kids were small. She said she prayed all the time for help to be calm and loving to her kids. She spoke of how Easter was about receiving help and forgiveness from the Savior. Well, I felt that the message was just for me. I love my little boys and I am going to keep praying for patience and forgiveness.

4 comments:

j. said...

This is a beautiful message. The reminder that everyone is imperfect and that everyone can be forgiven is always timely.

Kristen said...

Thanks for sharing that, it's nice to know you're not alone. Definitely something I pray for all the time too! :)

Unknown said...

I've also had that same experience. I've recently come to terms that I'm not the only one struggling with this. But you are a good example for me. Often I get angry instead of stepping back to say a prayer. I think motherhood is an excellent way of teaching us to "put off the natural man" as they say.

Lisalamb said...

Not to scare you, but if you think you're praying for patience now, just wait until your sons tower over you in height and outweigh you and challenge your authority. You'll really know what praying for patience is all about. As a mom of 5 sons, I've all but worn out my knees praying over this subject...